It's time for Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital's free, community health fair. HealthFest is 8 a.m. to 11: 30 a.m., Saturday, March 2. This year it will take place at AL!VE: Your Community Well-Being Place in Charlotte.
HealthFest is a fun-filled, informative and family-friendly event that provides a wealth of health information, screenings and resources to the community. This year's activities focus on the Michigan Health and Wellness 4 x 4 Plan.
Those who attend will receive a "passport" at check-in, which features a map to more than 50 exhibits and activities. There will also be HGB physicians and dietitians on-hand for conversation and screenings. Participants will be able to:
- Check blood pressure and BMI
- Learn about bone density
- Check balance and grip strength
- Learn about new services for women, including breast health
- Learn about menopause and osteoporosis
- Assess stress management and learn about resources to help
- Check cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Gain awareness about cancer and its treatments
- Get information about smoking cessation
- Learn about nutrition and pick up free recipes
- Find out how to participate in free exercise activities in the local area
Other event highlights include:
- Games and children's activities, including face painting and photographs
- Live demonstrations and entertainment, including rock wall climbing and Zumba
- Interactive exhibits
- Test your health knowledge
- Local community groups and information
- Prize drawings
"HealthFest has become an annual tradition for the mid-Michigan community that HGB is proud to continue," said Barbara Fulton, HGB director of community development. "We are thankful to our HGB volunteers, employees and physicians, all of whom donate their time on this special day to help our communities learn ways to lead healthier lives."
Please note that the location of HealthFest 2013 has moved to AL!VE at 800 W. Lawrence Ave., Charlotte, Mich. For more information, visit www.hgbhealth.com.