Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital is getting ready for HealthFest, its free annual community event offered this year in partnership with the Capital Area Health Alliance, based on the theme of “Choosing Health.”
HealthFest 2014 will be 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Saturday, March 1, at AL!VE: Your Community Well-Being Place in Charlotte. It will feature special exhibits and demonstrations from a variety of health-related organizations and specialists.
HealthFest is fun, informative and family-friendly, and provides a wealth of health information, screenings and resources to the community. This year's event will focus on activities for individuals and families that:
- Encourage physical activity
- Develop healthy eating habits
- Prevent substance abuse and tobacco use
- Promote mental health
There will be more than 50 exhibits and activities, including HGB physicians and dietitians on-hand for conversation and screenings. Participants will be able to:
- Check blood pressure and BMI
- Learn about bone density
- Learn about new services for women, including breast health
- Learn about menopause and osteoporosis
- Assess stress management and learn about resources to help
- Check cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Gain awareness about cancer and its treatments
- Get information about smoking cessation
- Learn about nutrition and pick up free recipes
- Find out how to participate in free exercise activities in the local area
Other event highlights include:
- Games and children's activities
- Live demonstrations and entertainment, including rock wall climbing and Zumba
- Opportunities to test your health knowledge
- Local community groups and information
- Prize drawings
"HealthFest has become an annual tradition for the mid-Michigan community that HGB is proud to continue," said Barbara Fulton, HGB director of community development. "We are thankful to all of the employees, physicians and community volunteers who donate their time on this special day to help our communities learn ways to lead healthier lives."
Please note that the location of HealthFest 2014 is at AL!VE, located at 800 West Lawrence Avenue in Charlotte, Mich.
HGB has been the community’s choice for health care for 80 years. The hospital is committed to working together in health to provide quality care and enhance the vitality of the community. It has expanded its vision beyond providing traditional hospital services to one that promotes health and well-being through AL!VE. Learn more about HGB at www.hgbhealth.com and AL!VE at www.myalive.com.