Pritikin Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation (ICR) is a comprehensive program for improving health based on 40 years of experience and over 100 peer-reviewed, published studies. Like traditional cardiac rehabilitation (CR) programs, Pritikin ICR focuses on exercise, but ICR also provides comprehensive education in the key areas that impact a healthy lifestyle.
Patients enrolled in the program meet three times per week for 12 weeks. Sessions combine monitored exercise with lifestyle education, including one-on-one consultations, weekly cooking classes, workshops, yoga and educational videos. The program is covered by Medicare and most other insurance providers.
Participants in Pritikin ICR will learn how to:
- Exercise safely
- Cook heart-healthy meals that are delicious and affordable
- Become smart grocery shoppers
- Order intelligently in restaurants
- Lose weight utilizing science-based skills
- Quit smoking
- Manage stress
- Improve personal and professional relationships
- Transform negative attitudes into positive ones
ICR is approved for anyone that has had any of these qualifying events:
- heart attack (within 12-months)
- angioplasty (no time limit)
- valve surgery (no time limit)
- Stent (no time limit)
- coronary artery bypass grafting (no time limit)
- heart transplant (no time limit)
Visit www.pritikinicr.com for more info.