AL!VE: Your Community Well-Being Place in Charlotte, Mich., is offering summer field trip options for daycare centers and small children’s groups.Small children’s groups are invited to AL!VE for several unique field trip experiences throughout the summer. Each field trip option offers a 90- to 120-minute guided program. Experiences are designed for either preschool-aged (3-5 years) or school-aged (6-12 years) children. If a group contains mixed ages, a program can be specifically designed to accommodate their needs. Costs for each field trip range from $3 to $5 per person.“We decided to offer a different option than day camps this summer by celebrating the unique opportunities available at AL!VE and instead serve as a field trip destination,” said Laurie Newland, GROW manager. “Having once been a childcare center director, I know I would often struggle with field trip ideas that were close to home and not too expensive, and that offered fun, educational activities.”The unique field trip activities available at AL!VE include:
- GROW, the children’s recreation area, which offers a variety of activities, including a 36-foot tall tree house structure, an interactive rock and ropes course, and a virtual gaming system.
- SOAR, the multi-purpose gymnasium, which offers organized and facilitated games ranging from basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, floor hockey and interactive relays.
- ASCEND, the 24-foot rock climbing wall, which challenges the children with nine different routes. Each route is color-coded for beginner, intermediate or advanced skill levels.
- RELISH, the demonstration teaching kitchen, which is where groups can create and eat their own food. All customized menus will offer healthy options and can tie into a field trip theme.
- PRESERVE, the natural grassland area, which provides outdoor education experiences. Using Fenner Nature Center’s Nature-A-Bounds! education curriculum, the group explores PRESERVE using their five senses. This scavenger hunt program includes education on habitat, basic survival needs and exploration of native grasses and wildflowers.
“We hope groups plan several trips to AL!VE this summer,” Newland said. “Each experience can be different, unique and fun!”For more information or to schedule a field trip tailored for your group’s needs, contact Laurie Newland at 517-541-5803 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.