AL!VE is excited to announce summer field trip options for daycare centers and small children’s groups coordinated through GROW, its children’s recreation and enrichment space.
Summer field trips begin Monday, June 15, and can be tailored for the group each time they visit AL!VE. The unique guided programs last between 90 and 120 minutes. Experiences are designed for either preschool-aged (3-5 years) or school-aged (6-12 years) children. If a group contains children with mixed ages, a program can also be specifically designed to accommodate their needs. Costs range from $3 to $5 per person.
Available field trip activities include:
- GROW, which features a 36-foot tall tree house structure, an interactive rock and ropes course, and a virtual gaming system.
- SOAR, the multi-purpose gymnasium, which offers organized and facilitated games ranging from basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, floor hockey and interactive relays.
- ASCEND, the 24-foot rock climbing wall, which challenges the children with nine different routes. Each route is color-coded for beginner, intermediate or advanced skill levels.
- RELISH, the demonstration teaching kitchen, where groups can create and eat their own food. All customized menus offer healthy options and can tie into a field trip theme.
- PRESERVE, the natural grassland area, which provides outdoor education experiences. Using Fenner Nature Center’s Nature-A-Bounds! curriculum, the group explores using their five senses. The scavenger hunt includes education on habitat, basic survival needs and exploration of native grasses and wildflowers.
In addition to its summer programs, GROW offers a wide variety of services that range from complimentary childcare during rehabilitation and women’s health appointments, to serving as a destination for rainy-day fun.
GROW’s regular hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Friday, and 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday. Field trip hours will vary depending on the group’s selected activities and needs.
For more information or to schedule a field trip, contact Laurie Newland at 517-541-5803 or email email@example.com.